Saturday, August 23, 2008

More proof I am an old fogey already

I love Youtube. I can find any old song I can remember from my childhood! I'm listening to - GASP- the SPICE GIRLS at the moment. Yes, the Spice Girls were very silly. But they have some good tunes, especially "Stop" - it's so Motown! And I'm enjoying "Who Do You Think You Are" bc it's got this 70s funk/disco thing going on, and sometimes that's okay.

I was listening to some Rihanna song the other day, and I thought, this is new, but I like it! Wow, maybe I can like new music! ...Until I found out it's a cover of an 80s song. I already knew I heart the 80s. Oy.

Ariah = old fogey.

Oh, and I still love the Spice Girls' "Say You'll Be There" and it's weird, vinyl-y, futuristic supergirl vid. And the random harmonica!!!

Now, I know it sounds like I have no taste in music. BUT - the Spice Girls' music drew from a lot of good old stuff - it was kind of like updated oldies. And I don't think anyone can argue that the 60s and 70s didn't produce some of best music, oh, say, ever. And the SG's tunes don't compare, but they reference it, and are therefore enjoyable.

Not like the whiny noisy crap on the radio today.

Wait 'til I'm 60 - I'll be Ms. Crankshaft! Don't tell me your radio station plays hip hop and R&B! You don't know what R&B is! Damn young hooligans, don't know anything about music!!! No more mailbox for you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home