Thursday, January 31, 2008

Silly Facebook

So, someone on Facebook has declared tomorrow "Hug a Gay Day."

I laughed when I read that. Is that bad?

It's a nice idea, but the thought of carrying it out is kinda weird to me.

Me: Stand still so I can hug you.

Gay/Bi Friend: Oh, yay, a hug.

Me: Yeah, I promised someone on Facebook I would hug a gay person today.

G/B Friend: Um, well, that's nice I guess... So wait, you didn't just spontaneously want to hug me? This is all for some stranger on the Internet??

Me: Well, I mean, um, I was trying to be sensitive! I mean, um... I'm sorry.

See? It's weird.

Actually, that's probably not what would happen. I don't think I'm going to see any of my gay friends/coworkers on Saturday, because I might not even leave the house (naps and tv, mmm). If I do go, say, go to the grocery store, and I decide to participate in this festivity of sensitivity I would have to hug a random gay person. And how might that play out?

Me: Hi, okay, so according to Facebook, today is Hug a Gay Day, so if you're willing I would like to hug you.

Gay Person: .....Um, well, this is awkward.

Yeah. So no.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home